Wake Up with Make up Permanent makeup tattooing procedures:
Is permanent makeup tattooing painful?
Topical numbing is great to make your tattooing experience easy and relaxing.
If you are able to get numb at the dentist, you should have no problem getting numb for your permanent makeup.
I use the numbing preparations throughout your tattooing to keep pain away Many say it tickles or that they don't feel anything but vibrations. Sleeping during the procedure is common and it is my goal to have you comfortable and relaxed.
You cannot have permanent makeup IF:
You are pregnant or nursing.
You are diabetic and on insulin, (except with your doctors permission)
You have open angle glaucoma, (for eyeliner) (except with doctors permission)
You have had within six months recent plastic surgery in or near the procedure area.
Preparation before permanent makeup:
- No aspirin or blood thinning medications for three days before your procedure.
- If you are taking Heparin, Coumadin or Plavix, you will need your doctors permission to stop them.
- No alcohol for 24 hours before your procedure as it will thin your blood.
- Eyeliner clients must bring glasses to wear instead of contact lenses.
- Lip procedure clients must have an anti-viral medicine such as Zovirax , Acylcovir, Valtrex, or Famvir, depending on what your doctor prescribes for you to prevent any outbreak of cold sores or fever blister.
- If you have never, ever had an outbreak, you must sign a waiver to refuse the prescribed medicine. You will have more than one lip treatment, so you must have enough medicine for three visits.
- I will not work on a client with any history of cold sores or fever blisters who is not taking preventative medication. Having a breakout is extremely painful and will ruin your beautiful lip color.
- Gentle exfoliation of your lips with a wash cloth or toothbrush for each of the three days prior helps prepare your lips for the procedure.
- Come rested, well hydrated and eat a light meal or snack beforehand.
I am looking forward to our time together and know you will love your carefree makeup.
Please ask any questions you have. I want you to feel confident and comfortable.
Carla Nelson/ Hair By Carla & Co. 541-826-8611